Monday, July 07, 2008

Thinking about clutter and colour

I'm feeling inspired by Miss Dottie's plans to "give clutter the karate chop!" .... excited but daunted by the prospect of starting a thorough clear-out/clean-up of our house tomorrow. Sometimes my confidence does waver though, and I wonder how I'll manage to get through it all!

No camera cable in sight yet, although there are lots of pics I want to post. Instead I'll just mention a couple of things I'm planning ....

Firstly, stay tuned for some giveaways in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure as I sort out each room I'll find lots of perfectly good things that have just ended up in the wrong home, not being appreciated or used to their full potential (I'm thinking maybe fabrics, prints, books, trinkets, crockery etc.). I'll be happy to rehome them where possible.

Also, I've developed such a passion for vintage posters and illustrations (particularly from the 1920s to the 1940s) that I'm planning to start another blog to collate the images I find in my travels.

Here are some examples, found on allposters.com:







Any suggestions for a suitable (and available) Blogger blog name would be welcome!

5 comments:

Hepburn Hilton said...

I love these! Have you seen the old Vouge covers? They are pretty amazing to.

Sasparilla Sue said...

I covet that monte carlo poster.

I'm thinking something French for your blog name because it seems that so many of those posters are in French.

Michelle said...

Aren't they great! I'm on the hunt at the moment for something to fill a large blank wall at my place, any of these ones would be so gorgeous!!

.girl ferment. said...

"cinched waists and elegant skullcaps".
xx

Lark said...

Hello, these are lovely! I am a fan of vintage posters too and have put some of my collection in Flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/larkingabout/collections/72157603703036363/

happy hunting, I'll look forward to your new poster blog!

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails