Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Goosebumps

Last night my husband took me to the most extraordinary musical performance. He bought the tickets to Hesperion XXI almost a year ago; I must admit that I wasn't really sure what it was going to be like. From the photos I'd seen, the group appeared to be very conservative, intense classical nerdy types. But we don't go to concerts to look at photos do we?

After a delicious meal at Hako in Flinders Lane, we headed off to the Concert Hall, where the group presented a haunting, exquisite collection of songs and music from a range of cultures, from Spain's Basque region, through France, Morocco, Ethiopia, Greece, Turkey, Persia, Afghanistan and more. I was transported, enraptured by the musicianship, the resonant instruments, the powerful voices, the complexity of ancient melodies.....




Thank you my love.

No comments:

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails