Friday, January 08, 2010

I'll take muddy boots over paper cuts any day

I've been taking pictures of our front garden so that I can keep a record for myself as I watch it grow and change. I know it looks very sparse at the moment, but it's a huge improvement - when we moved in, in October, this space was just filled with weedy lawn, some box hedging and six iceberg roses (snore). I had the lawn and hedging removed, planted lots of perennials, and mulched like crazy.

I hope my new plants don't shrivel in this intense summer heat ....



The ugly concrete urn on a plinth was also left behind by the previous owners. I'm planning to get rid of it when I find some help (in the form of extra muscles) and a tree or tall plant for some vertical interest.















3 comments:

Sarah said...

I think it looks gorgeous- you're doing a great job!

joanie said...

Juddie, thanks so much for the visit to Nini Makes, it gave me a chance to visit your! What a lovely blog you have here. Your fresh veg and garden are gorgeous, as is your home. I'll look forward to visiting again :)

flowerpress said...

Yay, no front lawn here either. Yours looks great!

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails