Sunday, January 25, 2009

Friday night

On Friday evening I played the corporate wife, as we were invited to drinks at Godfrey's boss' house (a totally executive-designer-decorated 19th-century mansion). 'Power handshakes' did the rounds along with delicious canapes prepared by a team of chefs and catering staff in the kitchen. We felt like Samantha and Darren going to Larry Tate's house on Bewitched, only the Tate's events were somewhat more low-key.


One of G's colleagues asked me what I do, and when I replied that I'm soon to start teaching Environmental Science at Melbourne University, she looked at me blankly and said, "....... Huh. Well ..... how are you going to make any money doing that?!"


..... it was a rather weird evening.

We had arrived in Brighton a little early so we went for a walk along the beach. Summer has returned in full force, with temperatures in the high-30s and 40s predicted for all of this coming week too. ugh!







1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

What a strange and somewhat rude question to ask you... how bizzare.

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails