Monday, May 26, 2008

This is .... something I got but still haven't used

I feel so guilty, but it's time to fess up. When we received a beautiful little pasta-maker for our wedding in 2004 I was super-excited about the prospect of making delicious, fresh pasta whenever I felt like it. Chefs and cooks such as Maggie Beer always make it look so easy.

Somehow the years have passed and the dear little set is still in its box..... but not for much longer! Thank you to flossy-p for her 'This is ...' theme - it's prompted me to crack a few eggs into flour and get this baby rolling!


Check out the 'This is...' group at Three Buttons to see what other bloggers have got but not yet used....

6 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

A pasta maker is something I've always been tempted to buy, but never sure if I'd use. So instead, I bought one for a friend for a wedding present. I know she's used it at least once....

Thanks for your comment on my blog. That was so funny! Where and when were you living in Japan?

Michelle said...

Oh delicious! Definitely use it, nothing beats homemade pasta!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

oh, I have an unused one of those too. I am thinking of turning mine into a printing press which I saw in a collage book that I bought. For now though, it is sitting on a top, out of the way shelf in the craft room. Pasta or printing or maybe just a dust collector. Time will tell.

Maureen Reynolds said...

I have one...which replaced one I'd had for a long time and dh convinced me to recycle. hrmph. I have made pasta in the past and enjoyed doing so, but now I am torn about using it for food...or clay.

Such silly choices to worry about!

Lisa [strickerin] said...

Oh wow.

I hope you have fun when it is time to have a go of it.

Kayte Black said...

My Nonna used to make the best crostoli with the same kind of pasta maker. When I was little I used to help her roll the wheel. I always loved the whole process or making the dough. I hope you ended up using it :)

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails