Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Treats for me

Thank you Mr Postman for bringing me some treats!
I love this pretty and practical car litter bag from Allyson Hill - a great design with replaceable bag inserts (I'm going to use cornstarch bags instead of plastic). Also included in the package were a cute little notebook and fabric-covered button - thank you Allyson, they're lovely!

Yesterday I received these fabulous prints from Juliana Swaney at Oh My Cavalier!. I haven't photographed them clearly here I'm afraid. Check out more luscious designs in her Etsy shop....


And finally ... any ideas on what I could make from this fabric? (found in an op shop in eastern Victoria - it was actually the curtain for the shop's changing room, and when I begged the lady for the fabric, she looked at me very strangely but eventually agreed. Then she was worried that I might find the $2.50 charge a bit steep!). It's about 1m x 2m, with slight discolouration along the edge. I love the colours and the whole retro look.


4 comments:

Allyson Hill said...

I'm so glad you like it! It looks great in the picture, I love the fabric. Thank you for the tip about the cornstarch bags, I'm looking into the costs of buying them wholesale. I never heard of them before. The bags I use are biodegradable, but the cornstarch would probably be even better. Thanks again!

Altissima said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Altissima said...

Loverly treats!
I think that fabric would look great in panels with solid green, blue, turquoise and/or purple - maybe in a skirt or bag. Or use it as the lining in pockets or a bag - again in contrast with solid colour for the main fabric. It would look great with denim. Oooh - line pockets in demin jeans or skirt!
xK

CurlyPops said...

Wow that fabric is amazing!

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails