Sunday, April 13, 2008

This is .... my perfect dinner party guest list

In addition to my beloved husband, in no particular order:

1. Mark Twain - for his razor-sharp wit, countless amusing travel anecdotes and finely-honed insight into the human condition


2. Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, President of Liberia (and Africa's first female president) - a very determined and strong woman


3. One of my supervising professors, Dr Ruth Beilin - because she is witty, hugely intellectual and extremely inspiring


4. The very lovely Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords - they're what I think I might be into (click for musical elaboration). I'm counting them as one guest...


5. Comedian, writer and director Stephen Fry - because I've always loved his quiet, tweedily-intelligent manner and his very english sense of humour (and because he speaks German!)


Finally, I'm going to invite two more people together and pretend I haven't totally exceeded the 6-guest limit:

6. British comedians Noel Fielding and Russell Brand - because they're shambolic, silly, irreverent and very charming!


I think my dinner party will actually have to start before lunch, carry on through the afternoon, roll on to dinner, and wind up in the wee hours of the morning perhaps a couple of days later ..... when we're all delirious from too much wine and food and in desperate need of sleep. What a fabulous party it will be!

For other perfect dinner party guestlists, check out who's playing 'This is....' over at Three Buttons.

P.S.: Apologies to Angela, 'cause I updated my guest list after seeing hers .... I'd been considering inviting the Flight of the Conchords guys, but hadn't included them in my first list (then I just couldn't resist adding them after all - it would be so much fun!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this looks like fun. I think Stephen Fry has a busy social schedule coming up to make all these dinner invitations. thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh great list! Can I sit next to Brett? I'll be arriving with Stephen Fry coz we'll be best mates after my dinner party!

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails