Thursday, February 16, 2012

Eeek! I'd like to go back and replay this day differently please!

It's hot, and I'm feeling rather heavy and a bit anxious these days.  
I got home an hour ago after several hours of battling city crowds to run errands, looking forward to putting my feet up and resting quietly ....
.... but alas, it was not to be.

Another summer storm has hit, and both the dogs are barking inconsolably - Gus is terrified of thunder and Bracken is a major dork who barks at Gus, really loudly, and doesn't respond to my attempts to make him be quiet.

Meanwhile, water is pouring in through the heating vents and light fixtures in our living room ceiling ...  it's not dripping or trickling, it's pouring down in several steady streams and filling the buckets in the small space of time it takes me to go and get more towels and pots. All this just after we've had to spend a packet-load of money on extra plumbing and glazing work and fixing up other leaks due to the shoddy efforts of some dodgy contractors who did our renovations last year ...

And I look and feel a bit like this:

 with about as much flexibility and mobility.

Gulp!
(*curls up on bed with headphones on and eyes squeezed shut while thunder rolls in and dogs continue to bark at top volume...*)

1 comment:

Jo said...

Oh no! You poor thing. I had a similar incident a few weeks ago in heavy rain - water pouring in from the ceiling and running down behind the kitchen cupboards. No dogs freaking out though, in my case.

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails