Sunday, December 18, 2011

A little bit o' stitching ...

I really seemed to lose my creative mojo this year, starting a few sewing projects but finishing almost none. I have a huge basket of nearly-finished hand-stitched softies in my sewing room, all needing just a finishing touch - limbs, feathers, eyes, tails or feet to be attached, but for some reason I just haven't managed to complete them.

Recently I gave away the few softies that were complete, and I had a request to make a rabbit for a young lady who needs a special hug. It felt really good to get back into stitching mode, using deliciously soft wool felt made from re-purposed jumpers (sweaters) and taking care with every stitch. I like the contemplative nature of hand sewing and it was fun to once more make a gift from start to finish in one sitting ...


I also made another drop for the Toy Society, after an inexcusably long absence .... Although this doll was super-simple, I hope the finder enjoys playing with her (and the handbag I included, which was made by the lovely Amy)!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Very cute. Oh I love the Man's Life magazine covers too!

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails