Friday, July 01, 2011

I still love snail mail!

Oh gee - my blogosphere-friend Janne is a sweet pea! Today as I wobbled to answer the front door I found a package waiting for me ... it had travelled all the way from Norway, filled with get-well treats from this lovely lady.

I now have some lovely additions for our new kitchen and living space, which is very nearly finished - a vintage needlework cushion cover, a beautiful cherry-red plate and co-ordinating resin-handled fruit knife, a marvellous book of sketches and drawings from a Norwegian artist in the 60s, and a dishcloth printed with a Swedish Dala horse (in Norwegian colours!), which I think is too pretty to use for its intended purpose. Hmmm... I'll have to think about how to best display that one ....

(Some eyebrows were raised at the photo on the cheeky card, but my hubby understands the humour of cheesecake kitsch).





Janne, you're very kind, and you truly made my day. Thank you!


3 comments:

Janne said...

Again: the pleasure is all mine! Glad you didn't mind the cheeky card ;-) I see the book has suffered a bit during the long journey, but that's my fault for using a jiffy envelope.

PS. I think it's a fruit knife, but I could be wrong.

Juddie said...

oops! Thanks Janne. Text has been corrected, and I'm looking forward to using that little knife to cut up some melon for dessert this weekend :-)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely package to receive - snail mail is still the best! Sorry to read you've been laid-up - hope your knees are feeling much better and that you'll soon be feeling 100% again!

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails