Friday, February 20, 2009

Final arrangements

An update for our family and friends ...


G and I will fly tomorrow to Rarotonga, where the funeral services for my dad will commence immediately upon our arrival at the airport (at 2:40am!). Various ceremonies have been scheduled throughout the day, at the end of which my father will be laid to rest in a family plot on their garden property. Dad's family and friends on the island have done a wonderful job in preparing for a beautiful, memorable day, and I'm glad to think of him going home to such a peaceful resting place, where he is remembered with love.

Back in Australia, a public memorial service will be held from 5:45pm on Wednesday, March 4th, at the chapel of Wesley College in St Kilda Road, Melbourne. Guests are invited to join us for an informal gathering after the service, where refreshments will be served (venue details to be confirmed soon).

In lieu of flowers, the family welcomes contributions to a fund we have established with Kiva. Contributions can be made in my father's name by following this link or searching in the Community section of Kiva's website for the team name: Dick Adamson Memorial Fund. Further information about lending through a Kiva team can be found here.


Dad was an enthusiastic supporter of Kiva (among many other philanthropic projects) - his many loan project details can be viewed here.

1 comment:

Rina said...

Dear juddie I´m really sorry for your lost, there´s been a long time that I don´t visit your blog or any blogs, I was kind of bussy and I didn´t know about this. So, I hope you are well...
Take care!

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails