Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ric-Rac lovliness (*warning - potential gushing overload in this post*)

I'm sure I've raved about the lovely Jodie of Vintage Ric-Rac before .... (yes, she's the one who created that dress from frillions of selvedge strips a few years ago, as well as many lovely patterns and softies you have likely seen around the place if you live in Australia).

The other day I was at my local fabric shop buying some more embroidery thread for some hand-sewn softies, when I saw a couple more of Jodie's beautiful new creations. If she weren't such a gorgeous, bubbly, sweet person, I might feel a whole lot of resentment towards her - way to go Jodes, creating such fabulously whimsical toys with delightful personalities in exquisite detail, while I try to get my creative mojo back by churning out simple (shall we say rough and rustic?) lumps of felted wool that may or may not vaguely resemble the creatures I want them to be .....

But how can you not love Jodie's creations, and wonder at her skill and patience when you know she also holds down a day-job and has a busy family and social life, so this is not her only 'thing' in life? And then, when you get to know her ... sheesh! She's a ray of sunshine!

Here are just a few pics from Jodie's blog and Flickr pool:










Finally, if you haven't yet seen her little photo-stories, pop on over to the blog and click on the story links under the blog header/banner ... they're sure to put a smile on your dial!




Hope I haven't embarrassed you Jodie, or made other readers cringe at my gushiness. Let's just blame the loved-up pregnancy hormones.

1 comment:

Jodie said...

pssst. I love you too...

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails