Thursday, December 24, 2009

Baking hot!

..... I'm not quite sure what possessed me to do Christmas baking on a 41° day (106° F) , but yesterday I managed to whip up lots of goodies for my neighbours. I had plans for many more but had to stop when the dough (and I!) started melting.



I bought a new rolling pin 'cause I couldn't find my old one. The manufacturers had labelled it as a 'Movable Stick'. I'm going to call it that from now on..... "Honey!! Have you seen my movable stick?!?! I need to make some more dough and I must find a stick that can be moved!!!".



 

I also printed up some Christmas cards using the stamps I made last year.



 

Tonight we'll have a small family dinner with my sister and mum. It's the first Christmas since my dad died and his absence wrenches my heart. I deeply miss his sparkling humour, his generous spirit and his quietly adventurous stories.

I guess a new year is approaching, and I'm looking forward to finding out what new experiences await me ....



2 comments:

Umā said...

I can relate. The closer it edges to Christmas the more deeply I feel the loss of my mom.

I hope your dinner is soothing nonetheless, and that you, your mom, and your sister are able to support each other and share memories of your dad and past holidays.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Sarah said...

Movable stick- classic!

We had our first Christmas without our three grandparents last year. We ended up compensating by having lots of distant cousins over to visit to keep Nanna's mind off it. It seemed to work out, but I think the quiet Christmas sounds a bit better. Merry Christmas Juddie!

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails