Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gifts for you!

I'm deep in de-clutter mode. These are just some of the thingies that have emerged from my cupboards. Before heading off to the oppy I thought I should see whether anyone out there in blogland would like to re-home any of them ....

If so, please leave a comment, or drop me an email to let me know your postal address: juddie1[at]optusnet[dot]com[dot]au

Happy to send them on their way.

Great kitschy vintage melamine (?) picnic/BBQ plates (15cm w.) and platter (38cm). - these items are on their way to a new kitchen

Two prints by Marek Wilinski, print size: 10cm x 13.5cm, mountboard: 19cm x 22.5cm

Two Parade magazines from the 70s, and a knitting pattern book



A little apron (not made by me - found in a local op shop)

A stainless-steel Maxwell & Williams cocktail tray (never used)

Cambodian temple carving rubbings (prob. rubbed from reproduction copies of the bas reliefs on the walls of Angkor Wat), on thick handmade paper.
63cm x 30cm.
these are on their way to an armchair traveller

As above, 47cm x 36cm and 57cm x 23.5cm


And now to a small section of my fabric stash (with apologies for the poor photo quality) ...

3m of pretty satin - dark chocolate base with a light teal and cream leaflet pattern. The larger leaflets are just over 1cm long.

A 70's cotton double sheet in green, yellow and orange (I've chopped a small section from one end). this item has been rehomed

Vintage table cloth 82cm x 82cm - could perhaps make a little apron or soft toys

1.6 m of chocolate-brown fabric with a subtle deep red pinstripe. This must be a blend (??? sorry - I'm not good at identifying fabric types so can't tell you for sure what it is) - it drapes beautifully, and could be used to make a pretty office skirt. This item has found a new home.

This photo doesn't show the fabric very well either. 1.3m of a rayon blend (??! - see above for my disclaimer!) - non-creasing brown fabric. It seems as though it would be super-easy to wash and wear..... again, perfect for an item of office clothing.

1.8m of lovely drapey chocolate herringbone fabric, originally purchased to make some wide pants for work. This item has found a new home.


3m x .92m of rather stiff cotton from the Cook Islands, in navy and white - anyone looking to make a summer skirt or bag? this item has caught someone's eye

This photo didn't capture adequately the brilliant greens and blues combined in this gorgeous piece of wool (I think). Believe me, it's really beautiful, but not in my usual colour palette and I can't think of a way to use it to its best advantage.

This is a very stiff linen tea-towel from England's Royal Horticultural society - good for drying dishes or perhaps used in a craft project .... this teatowel is off to a much more deserving home


And finally, don't ask me how I came to own this 'cause I have no idea. 1.6m of a snake-skin printed fabric, really difficult to describe - it's kind of plasticky, latexy, fabricky, in olive with a subtle powdery-gold sheen. I was thinking it would be great for making a reptile costume or some dragon or lizard softies. Any takers? this item may soon be transformed into a bubster's dragon's tail

Stay tuned, 'cause I know I have lots of things tucked away in boxes that might appeal to someone out there. I'll post more when I find them.

** Please note: I might ask for postage cost contributions for overseas postage/heavy items - hope that's OK. **

10 comments:

Umā said...

would love the plates/platter (i have a bit of a collection going on) if not spoken for yet! let me know how much the postage would be though...
this is like an online garage sale!

Juddie said...

They're yours, M! I'll get back to you ASAP with the postage costs.

Reenie said...

Oh my god, those plates bought back some memories.. My nan had a set of them !!

Ooh, if I could I'd love some of the brown fabrics you have there, either the one with the red in it or the herringbone one...

Aren't you generous?

PS my family and friends are going to tell me off for adding more fabric to my MOUNTAINOUS stash.. (but I don't care)

Reenie said...

sorry for the rogue question mark in there... it was meant to be an exclamation mark.. ie..

Aren't you generous !

(go away unwanted question mark)

Juddie said...

Hi Serena,
Just call me an enabler! I'll get G to take the brown fabrics in to work for you next week :-)

Juddie said...

Hi all,
M.Heart has decided not to take the plates and platters, so they are still available.
Thanks anyway M! I'll try and find something else for you!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

OMG, I desperately want those plates and platters. Can I take them off your hands, please, pretty please???

Also would love the vintage sheet with the yellow/green floral. Happy to divide it up and share it if you get someone else wanting some of it.

I can pick the stuff up from your place some time convenient. I'm going to email this weekend about the next craft day so can always do it then too.

Hope you are well
Cathy

Juddie said...

Happy for you to have the plates and platter, Cathy. I'll be in touch soon :-) looking forward to catching up again soon ...

Karin said...

I'd love the rather stiff cotton from the Cook Islands. How cool!

I wonder if the lizard fabric would make a good dragon tail for the bubster. LOL!!!

Email: sorensmum@hotmail.com

Maureen Reynolds said...

I would love the teatowel. Let me know what the postage would be and how to get it to you.

OR...one of the temple rubbings. Not sure I'll ever get there.

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails