Sunday, June 06, 2010

Blue Grassy Knoll and Keaton - a perfect match

On Friday I wasn't feeling well but I was glad that G convinced me to get out of the house. We went to see the Blue Grassy Knoll accompanying three Buster Keaton films and it was simply splendid! So much fun!




Keaton was an absolute genius, and seeing his films on the big screen, with live music, sound effects, and audience cheers (for the good guy) and boos (for the baddies) is a wonderful experience.

If you're in Melbourne and a fan of vintage cinema I heartily recommend you catch the BGK's next performance in August, where they'll be introducing new work as they accompany Keaton's classic, 'The General'. I think they'll also present a screening of the first Chinese feature-length silent film. Intriguing!

No comments:

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails