Monday, May 24, 2010

Autumn


Autumn in Melbourne is magnificent. For a couple of weeks we've had gloriously clear, sparkling-sunshiney days interspersed with crisp moonlit nights and chilly mornings. Crunchy autumn leaves provide childish delights as they pile up along the roads and footpaths, perfect for shuffling through noisily on the way to work.

Now, as I get ready to bundle myself off to bed, fat raindrops are beating out a syncopated rhythm on our tin roof and the garden is soaking up the welcome rain.

This is contentment.

2 comments:

Snooze said...

I absolutely agree ... autumn is my total fave season. I love the reason, whether I'm home warm or running somewhere through the puddles.

Rina said...

beautiful picture! I love autumn but here is so cold! anyway, trees looks so wonderful...

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails