Monday, August 24, 2009

Travel tips please!

Later this year G and I plan to travel to Heidelberg,













Paris,













Venice,


















and Florence.












I'm ever so excited! In Paris I plan to seek out some of these gems:

Au Petit Bonheur de la Chance

La Petit Atelier de Paris

Paris Forever


Atelier 154


Kusmi

Marie Louise de Monterey


L'Institut du Monde Arabe

.... as well as many of the delightful places described here, here and here. (I wonder if G realises that I'm planning such a busy time?!).

Please let me know if you can recommend any special shops, sights or experiences in any of these cities ... I'd love to try them and I'll happily report back!


(right-click on the pics above to find their sources, and click on the links to do what links do best)

2 comments:

Bellgirl said...

When you're in Venice, get an all-day ferry pass (or weekly or whatever is available) and visit the smaller islands- Murano for glass, Burano for lace and for gorgeous coloured houses, and especially Torcello, a beautiful, tranquil island with a monastry.

Also, if a gondola ride is too expensive or too naff, you can catch a big gondola (special name I can't remember) with other people from one side of the Grand Canal to the other.

In Paris you could visit the Jardins de Luxembourg and sail a toy boat in the fountains.

Lucky you! Can I come too?

Angela said...

OMG!!!! Can I come tooooooo??!!!

xx

... also ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails